ETT improved reliability of remote transmission line using NAS
|Owner||Electric Transmission Texas|
|Commissioning Operation Date||April, 2010|
- The lone transmission line serving Presidio, TX was a 69-kV line, 60 miles long, at the tail end of the U.S. electrical power grid and more than 50 years old.
- For years, residents suffered frequent power outages and fluctuations from the Texas plains' powerful electrical storms.
- In the event of an outage on the radial transmission line providing power to Presidio, NAS supplies power for the town.
- Due to its quick response, NAS addressed voltage fluctuations.
- NAS allows for maintenance on the transmission line without loss of electric service.
Note: NAS installation was an integral part of a transmission improvement plan for the area, which included upgrading the existing transmission line.
NAS and the NAS logo are trademarks of NGK INSULATORS, LTD., registered in the U.S. and other countries.