ETT improved reliability of remote transmission line using NAS
|Owner||Electric Transmission Texas|
|Commissioning Operation Date||April, 2010|
- The lone transmission line serving Presidio, TX was a 69-kV line, 60 miles long, at the tail end of the U.S. electrical power grid and more than 50 years old.
- For years, residents suffered frequent power outages and fluctuations from the Texas plains' powerful electrical storms.
- In the event of an outage on the radial transmission line providing power to Presidio, NAS supplies power for the town.
- Due to its quick response, NAS addressed voltage fluctuations.
- NAS allows for maintenance on the transmission line without loss of electric service.
Note: NAS installation was an integral part of a transmission improvement plan for the area, which included upgrading the existing transmission line.