Semiconducting Glaze (SCG) Insulator (DURASSTOR®)
NGK supply Suspension (Disk), Line Post and Station Post Insulators coated with semiconducting glaze.
- Tin-oxide system glaze including niobium oxide
- Current flowing through semiconducting glaze
» Surface drying effect by Joule's heat
» Uniform (resistive) voltage distribution
When contaminated surface is moistened, leakage current flows in wetted contaminant. And then non-uniform current density forms dry band.
Semicoducting Glaze Insulator
Ordinary Glaze Insulator
Partial arc at dry band
» Radio & TV noise Overall Flashover
- Excellent Anti-Contamination Performance: Withstand voltage of SCG insulators is higher than that of polymer and ceramic insulators.
- Excellent Corona Suppression Characteristics: No corona discharge even in heavy contamination condition.
- Long Term Performance confirmed by service experience.
161kV Transmission Line