Current Limiting Arcing Horn (CLAH) - Smart distribution arrester
CLAH with rubber molded ZnO elements and ring horn interrupts power follow current by lightning flashover.
- No service interruption (no circuit breaker tripping out)
- Protection of distribution line against lightning
Advantages over conventional arrester
- Excellent protection performance
- Lower discharge voltage than gappless arrester
- Maintenance free
- No deterioration of ZnO elements and rubber housing by external series air gap
- Easy installation
- CLAH can be easily installed to insulator without
connecting lead wire and touching the energized part.
You have only to install it onto the earth side hardware of insulator.
Fig. and photo. : 24kV CLAH
Over 10million CLAH are used on Japanese and overseas power customers
- Field data shows greatest effect of CLAH
- Line faults by lightning are remarkably reduced as installation numbers of CLAH increases.
- No deterioration problem
- Not once have deterioration faults reported. (water immersion, tracking of housing, ZnO thermal runaway, etc.)